Friday, August 3, 2012

Has anyone told you today?

I love you.


It's hitting me. Hard. All of the wonderful people in my life that I am leaving behind. The word has gone around in the last couple of weeks that I am leaving. And since my decision to leave was only made about a month and a half ago everyone is getting short notice. Now I am in the mad scramble of not only making sure everything I need to do to before I leave is taken care of but also of seeing all the people I want to see one last time. One last round on me. No shit. (Not really guys. With this move I am going for broke.)

I have been surprised by some of the reactions. People I thought would have more of a reaction have a more laissez-faire attitude and people that I thought wouldn't care so much have a look of loss in their eyes and insist on hugging me. More often than not though I am completely overwhelmed by the love. By the people who have truly stepped up to help me out even though they hate to see me leave. I have been blessed with amazing people in my life. There is an element of that that does make it difficult to go. I think that will hit me even harder either on the road but more likely once I am in California and the dust has settled a bit and there are no familiar faces around me. 

I sincerely hope that you come out to visit me. I have even started a list of things I want to do and places I want to take people to that are unique to them. I think this gives me not only the hope for visitors (and some added attractions incentive, eh?) but some sort of California link to the people back home.  I think there will be lots of phone calls and skype and postcards (so be sure to send me your address!). And I think and hope that absence makes the heart grow fonder and I will grow closer to the people who are important to me. 


Just one page in the scrapbook I am putting together. 

No comments: