- Los Angeles averages 329 days of sunshine a year. (This bodes well for me)
- The city boasts more stage theaters (80+) and museums (300) than any other city in the U.S. (including New York!) (and this also bodes well for me)
- Annually, LA residents consume over one billion pounds of red meat, over 300 billion pounds of ice cream, and absolutely no carbs whatsoever. (This might not go so well)
- The Hollywood sign was erected in 1923. (It originally said Hollywoodland) And restored in 1978 (at $27,000 a letter). It is approximately a 3 mile hike round trip to the top of Mt. Lee and there are rattlesnakes. (This is at the top of my to-do list)
- You can never really get lost in LA as long as you know where the hills are. (Sort of like always knowing where Lake Michigan is.)
- You can purchase chessik aka loquat at the Hollywood Farmers Market. (See the third picture below Jimmy Stewart in the previous post.)
- The Parlour Room offers happy hour until 10pm.
- I will be arriving just in time for the Lobster Festival, the Silverlake Film Festival and the birthday of the City itself. (That would be September 4th) (Good thing I like lobster, movies and birthday parties)
Facts taken from NFT LA 2012 and from my own knowledge and experience.